Winter Chicken & Vegetable Stew
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium cooking apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (13 3/4-ounce) can chicken broth
- Hot cooked couscous or rice
Layer sweet potatoes, parsnips, apples and onion in 4-quart crockery cooker. Add parsley, TABASCO® Sauce and salt. Add chicken chunks; pour chicken broth over mixture.
Cover. Cook on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours, or low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Ladle mixture into bowls.
Serve over couscous or rice, if desired.