Italian Tomato and Bread Salad
- 8 ounces stale country bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water, depending on dryness of bread
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped arugula or parsley
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® brand Garlic Pepper Sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place bread in a large bowl and sprinkle with enough water to moisten without making soggy. Add tomatoes, onion, cucumber, basil and arugula and toss.
Combine olive oil, vinegar and TABASCO® Garlic Sauce in a small bowl and mix well; drizzle over salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Let stand about 30 minutes before serving.