Appetizer Chicken Skewers with Avocado Cream Dip
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Achiote paste
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (5-ounce) chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes, 36 pieces in total
- 1 medium-sized ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 1-inch square pieces white onion (about ½ onion)
- 12 1-inch square pieces green bell pepper (about ½ pepper)
- 12 1-inch square pieces red bell pepper (about ½ pepper)
Whisk marinade ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in chicken pieces. Mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
While chicken is marinating, place all dip ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
To assemble skewers: thread one piece of red pepper onto a 3 to 4-inch skewer or toothpick, followed by chicken, onion, chicken and green pepper.
Preheat either a grill or a stovetop griddle to medium-high heat. Cook the skewers on the first side, about 2 minutes, then turn, cooking for 2 minutes on all 4 sides.
Serve with Avocado Cream Dip.
Makes 6 appetizer portions.